BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 7, 2011

.METAPHOR AND SIMILE.



  • Love is blind
  • Death is salvation
  • Beverage is a dish that best served cold
  • Life is a journey
  • Time is gold
  • Being in home is heaven
  • Broken heart is like a scratch CD. 


SIMILE



  • Life is like a box of chocolate
  • As beautiful as a moon
  • Starvation is like thousands of pricking needles in stomach
  • Other examples of SIMILE:

*      Ridiculous Similes in Music History (Nelly Furtado – “I’m Like A Bird”)
Offending Lyric:
“I’m like a bird, I’ll only fly away/ I don’t know where my soul is, I don’t know where my home is”
 While birds may not be terribly preoccupied with metaphysical questions about the location of their souls, they most certainly know where their homes are. It's sort of what they're known for. Homing pigeons, for example, have been let out of cages half way across the country and somehow managed to find their way back home.
Perhaps a more fitting, albeit less poetic, choice would be for Nelly to compare herself to a homeless man with a hang-glider or a jet pack. This new lyric balances her absence of a home with her soul.

Read more: 12 Most Ridiculous Similes in Music History | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_15105_12-most-ridiculous-similes-in-music-history_p2.html#ixzz1LdNQIcgB




0 comments: